Friday, October 12, 2012

ARDUINO TO CONTROL RC SERVO MOTOR (Week 10)

For the triggering of the firing mechanism (nail gun),since it is not triggered manually by user, it has to be triggered automatically by something. So my choice of triggering is using an RC servo motor (C36R).

In my project, 2 RC servo motors are used. One servo motor is used as the catalyst to trigger the nail gun. Another servo motor is used as a collector for the shuttlecock to guide the spring which grabs the head pf the shuttlecock to the mouth of the nail gun. These servo motors are wired in parallel connection with the ARDUINO.



For your information, I used ARDUINO as my program to control the movements of the RC servo motors because it is much simpler. ARDUINO is an open source single board microcontroller. It is designed to make the process of using and programming electronics parts and components projects more accessible and much simpler.

For my badminton trainer, I had purchased ARDUINO from Cytron Technologies. The model for my ARDUINO is the ARDUINO UNO R3 - Compatible.



No comments:

Post a Comment